Category: Seventh Grade Pages
Mrs. Lisa Schlanz
I live in Shadyside, Ohio with my husband, Mike, and two children, Abbey and Julie. I enjoy coaching girls volleyball.
The 2017 – 2018 school year is my twenty-fifth year of teaching. I taught at St. Adalbert in Dillonvale, Ohio for five years, then to St. Joseph Central Grade School in Bridgeport, Ohio for twelve years. Prior to being at OLP, I taught grades three through eighth.
Being a part of the education of Catholic schools has been a wonderful experience for me. I just love being a part of Our Lady of Peace.
Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it.
Science – Glenco Science Blue Level c2005
Social Studies – Exploring Our World Glenco c2008
Math – McDougal Littel Math course 2 c2007
Literature – Literature McDougal Littel c2008
Spelling/ Vocabulary – Level B Vocabulary workshop Sadlier c2012
Religion – Christ Our Life Loyola Press c2009
English – Voyages in English Level 7 Loyola Press c2011
Health – Teen Health Course 3 Glenco c1999
All incoming 7th Grade students are required to read two books over the summer. There will be question pages to complete and return to your teacher on the first day of school in August. There will also be a test on each book early in the school year. The two required books are:
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
Students are also required to complete the Summer Math Packet. Please do all work on loose notebook paper. Please return all papers to school in August. These papers will count as your first Test Grade in Math.
- Accordion style plastic file folder (must have)
- 4 dry erase markers: green, blue or black only
- 2 dry erase board erasers
- 1 pack of loose leaf paper
- White school glue
- Tacky glue
- Mechanical pencils with extra lead
- Large eraser
- 6 notebooks (single subject only)
- 1 notebook with pockets (Science)
- For Math
- 1 scientific calculator with fraction to decimal key (Texas Instrument TI 30X is recommended)
- composition notebook
- 1 5-subject notebook for homework
- Thin markers
- 1 box tissues
- 3 rolls paper towels
- Pencil bag (not box)
- Headphones in ziplock bag with name (if not here at school already) – Please ask your student if their headphones need to be replaced; some have gotten damaged over the years.