About Becky BerletchThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Becky Berletch has created 7 blog entries.
Mrs. Becky Berletch
Welcome to Second Grade!
I am very excited to be your teacher. I have been involved with Our Lady of Peace School for many years. I watched my children grow up in this school and believe sending them to Our Lady of Peace was one of the greatest decisions my husband and I ever made.
I grew up in Mt. Olivet, W.V. and graduated from West Liberty University with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education. I am married and have two beautiful children. Coincidentally, both of my children are now attending West Liberty University.
In my time as a student of West Liberty, my professors constantly reminded me to be a catalyst for change in my classroom. Many years later, this concept remains a foundation of my teaching style. Every child is different, making it imperative that I can tailor my teaching to each student’s individual needs. I look forward to the 2021-2022 school year. I am determined to make this year the best one yet!
Reading: McGraw-HIll Reading Wonders
Language Arts: McGraw-HIll
Math: McGraw-Hill My Math
Religion: RCL Benzinger Faith First
Technology – Computer Lab
Summer Reading for Incoming Grade 2
Please choose three books to read. Check out your local library for books that interest your child. A summer reading list is attached to give your child suggestions on books to choose. Books chosen do not need to be from the list. Then, write a brief summary of each book, and include a drawing of your favorite part on the attached Book Report pages. Students are encouraged to participate in the Ohio or Marshall County Library Summer Reading programs.
Students are also required to finish the Summer Math Packet. These practice worksheets will help keep math skills sharp over the summer.
The Reading & Math packet is to be completed and turned in on Covenant night.
Have a wonderful summer!
- 3 pocket folders
- 3 book covers 1 large 9×11- 2 small 8×10 (or may take books home & cover with paper bag)
- 1 doodle/scribble pad
- 4 small Elmer’s glue sticks
- 1 bottle Elmer’s liquid glue
- Fiskars kids scissors
- pack of Crayola colored pencils (24 max)
- pack of Crayola crayons (24 max)
- 1 pack of #2 pre-sharpened pencils (Ticonderoga brand preferred)
- 2 red pens
- 2 yellow highlighters
- Plastic supply box with lid (no larger than a standard shoebox size please)
- 1 wide ruled notebook (spiral)
- 1 pack of wide ruled paper
- zippered pencil case or small plastic box that will fit in desk
- book bag/backpack (no backpacks with wheels)
- Headphones…. These would move with your child from grade to grade – do not send in a new set if you sent in previous years. Headphones will be kept in a plastic zip lock bag with child’s name on it.
(Ask your child if their headphones still fit or are damaged. No earbuds at this age please.)
*PLEASE PUT CHILD’S NAME ON ALL SUPPLIES EXCEPT WIPES, PAPER TOWELS, & TISSUES- THANK YOU!
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 container of Clorox- type wipes
- 1 roll paper towels
Art Class Supplies
- One Fine Point Black Sharpie
- One Crayola Watercolor Set (8 Count)