The only one qualified to ever throw a stone…………….. didn’t!
Religion- test Thursday, prayer test Wednesday
Reading- Al Capone Shines My Shoes- chapters 7-10
Math- lesson 30, A-J, 18-25, test Wednesday
Spelling- test Friday, page 1444-145
English- book is due December 8, 2023
Science- test Thursday
For all 7th & 8th Grade students receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of 2020:
- Due October 1, 2019 – Parent and Student Information Sheet
- Due November 8, 2019 – Sponsor Information Sheet
- 22 Service Hours to be completed by March 2020 (start this summer!)
- 10 hours for church/school
- 10 hours for family
- 2 hours at Catholic Charities Neighborhood Center (one shift, mandatory)
- sign up sheet in parish office for dates available
The 2021-2022 school year is my 21st year at OLP. I taught fifth grade at OLP for five years, then moved to seventh grade. I presently teach our eighth grade class.
Prior to being at OLP, I taught fourth grade for a year at St. Mary’s St. Clairsville (Diocese of Steubenville), and I then taught at St. Joseph (Diocese of Steubenville) for fourteen years, where I taught fifth grade for seven years and Kindergarten for seven years.
I am a member of Our Lady of Peace Parish, and a member of OLP Parish Council. I am married with two children, both of whom are proud alumns of OLP and CCHS.
I graduated from Ohio University with honors. I have a BS degree in Elementary Education. I am certified K-8 in the state of WV in all subjects.
I believe in educating the whole child, spiritually, as well as academically. I strongly believe in a Catholic education. We educate the whole child. All children are included, and all are treated like family.
If your child is already a part of the Our Lady of Peace family you are to be congratulated. Your choice to enroll your child in a Catholic school is to be commended. We take pleasure in welcoming you to an exciting time filled with challenges and great opportunities.
Eighth Grade Subjects/ Textbooks
Algebra – Saxon Algebra
Pre Algebra – Saxon Math Course 3
Science – Level Blue, Glencoe
West Virginia History – 150 Years, Clairmont Press
Reading – Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Collections
English – Voyages in English – Loyola Press
Spelling – Vocabulary Workshop, Level C, Sadlier
Religion – Christ our Life, Loyola Press
All incoming 8th Grade students are required to read two books over the summer. There will be question pages to complete and return to your teacher on the first day of school in August. There will also be a test on each book early in the school year. The two required books are:
When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
Al Capone Does My Shirts by Gennifer Choldenko
Students are also required to complete the Summer Math Packet. 8th Grade Math students are to use loose leaf paper to answer the math problems. Algebra students are to do all work on the answer grid sheets included, not on the problem sheets. Return all papers. These papers will count as your first Test Grade in Math.
- Ballpoint pens – blue, black, red
- 6 single subject notebooks
- 1 spiral notebook with pockets for Science
- For Math
- 1 scientific calculator with fraction to decimal key (Texas Instrument TI 30X is recommended)
- composition notebook
- 1 5-subject notebook for homework
- 4 dry erase markers (NO RED)
- 2 dry erasers
- metric ruler
- Loose leaf paper- to be left in the accordion folder
- Accordion style file folder with 8-10 pockets (plastic)
- Book bag / backpack
- Book Sox (6-8)
- Glue – school and tacky
- Pencil bag, not box
- 2 boxes tissues
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 2 containers of wet wipes (such as Clorox wipes – 1 for classroom, 1 for Science Lab)
- Colored pencils
Headphones will be used in the computer lab. These will move with your student from grade to grade – do not send in new set if you sent in previous years. Headphones are to be kept in a plastic zip lock bag with student’s name on it
Art Class Supplies
- One Fine Point Black Sharpie
- One Crayola Watercolor Set (8 Count)