Category: Second Grade Pages
Mrs. Becky Berletch
Welcome to Second Grade!
I am very excited to be your teacher. I have been involved with Our Lady of Peace School for many years. I watched my children grow up in this school and believe sending them to Our Lady of Peace was one of the greatest decisions my husband and I ever made.
I grew up in Mt. Olivet, W.V. and graduated from West Liberty University with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education. I am married and have two beautiful children. Coincidentally, both of my children are now attending West Liberty University.
In my time as a student of West Liberty, my professors constantly reminded me to be a catalyst for change in my classroom. Many years later, this concept remains a foundation of my teaching style. Every child is different, making it imperative that I can tailor my teaching to each student’s individual needs. I look forward to the 2019-2020 school year. I am determined to make this year the best one yet!
Reading: McGraw-HIll Reading Wonders
Language Arts: McGraw-HIll
Math: McGraw-Hill My Math
Religion: RCL Benzinger Faith First
Technology – Computer Lab
Summer Reading for Incoming Grade 2
Please choose three books from the Summer Reading List to read. Then write a brief summary of each book, with picture, on the attached Book Summary Pages. Turn in your three book summaries on your first day of school. You are encouraged to participate in the Ohio or Marshall County Library Summer Reading programs.
You are also required to finish the Summer Math Packet. These practice worksheets will help to keep the student’s math skills sharp over the summer. This packet is to be completed and turned in on the first day of school.
Have a wonderful summer!
- Art shirt
- 2 pocket folders – 1 take home & 1 keep here
- 1 doodle/scribble pad
- 2 glue sticks
- 1 bottle Elmers liquid glue
- Fiskar scissors
- pack of 8 markers
- pack of 8 colored pencils
- pack of crayons (24 max)
- 1 pack of #2 lead pencils
- 2 red pens
- 2 yellow highlighters
- 2 boxes tissues
- 2 rolls paper towels
- 2 wide ruled notebooks (spiral)
- 1 pack loose leaf paper – wide ruled
- plastic (shoebox size with lid) supply box 8 1/2 X 13 1/2 X 3 1/2
- zippered case that will fit in desk
- composition notebook
- Clorox sanitizing wipes – 2 containers
- book bag/backpack (no backpacks with wheels)
- headphones for use in computer lab – please put in plastic bag with student name on bag (NEW STUDENTS ONLY – headphones will move up to the next grade with your student. unless they are damaged. Please ask your student if their headphones still fit – your child is growing! Please no ear buds at this age.)
PLEASE PUT CHILD’S NAME ON SUPPLIES