Mrs. Becky Berletch
Welcome to Second Grade!
I am very excited to be your teacher. I have been involved with Our Lady of Peace School for many years. I watched my children grow up in this school and believe sending them to Our Lady of Peace was one of the greatest decisions my husband and I ever made.
I grew up in Mt. Olivet, W.V. and graduated from West Liberty University with a bachelor’s degree in elementary education. I am married and have two beautiful children. Coincidentally, both of my children are now attending West Liberty University.
In my time as a student of West Liberty, my professors constantly reminded me to be a catalyst for change in my classroom. Many years later, this concept remains a foundation of my teaching style. Every child is different, making it imperative that I can tailor my teaching to each student’s individual needs. I look forward to the 2021-2022 school year. I am determined to make this year the best one yet!
Reading: McGraw-HIll Reading Wonders
Language Arts: McGraw-HIll
Math: McGraw-Hill My Math
Religion: RCL Benzinger Faith First
Technology – Computer Lab
Summer Reading for Incoming Grade 2
Please choose three books from the Summer Reading List to read. Then write a brief summary of each book, with picture, on the attached Book Summary Pages. Turn in your three book summaries on your first day of school. You are encouraged to participate in the Ohio or Marshall County Library Summer Reading programs.
You are also required to finish the Summer Math Packet. These practice worksheets will help to keep the student’s math skills sharp over the summer. This packet is to be completed and turned in on the first day of school.
Have a wonderful summer!
- old shirt for Art (put in a plastic bag with child’s name on shirt and bag)
- 3 pocket folders
- 1 doodle/scribble pad
- 2 glue sticks
- 1 bottle Elmer’s liquid glue
- Fiskar scissors
- pack of 8 markers
- pack of 8 colored pencils
- pack of crayons (24 max)
- 1 pack of #2 lead pencils
- 2 red pens
- 2 yellow highlighters
- Plastic supply box with lid (no larger than a standard shoebox size please)
- 1 wide ruled notebook (spiral)
- zippered pencil case that will fit in desk
- book bag/backpack (no backpacks with wheels)
- Headphones…. These would move with your child from grade to grade – do not send in a new set if you sent in previous years. Headphones will be kept in a plastic zip lock bag with child’s name on it.
(Ask your child if their headphones still fit or are damaged. No earbuds at this age please.)
*PLEASE PUT CHILD’S NAME ON ALL SUPPLIES EXCEPT WIPES, PAPER TOWELS, TISSUES, AND SANITIZER- THANK YOU!
- 2 boxes tissues
- 2 containers of Clorox- type wipes
- 1 roll paper towels
- 1 hand sanitizer
Art Class Supplies
- One Fine Point Black Sharpie
- One Crayola Watercolor Set (8 Count)