Category: Seventh Grade Pages
For all 7th & 8th Grade students receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation in the Spring of 2020:
- Due October 1, 2019 – Parent and Student Information Sheet
- Due November 8, 2019 – Sponsor Information Sheet
- 22 Service Hours to be completed by March 2020 (start this summer!)
- 10 hours for church/school
- 10 hours for family
- 2 hours at Catholic Charities Neighborhood Center (one shift, mandatory)
- sign up sheet in parish office for dates available
Mrs. Lisa Schlanz
I live in Shadyside, Ohio with my husband, Mike, and two children, Abbey and Julie. I enjoy coaching volleyball.
The 2019 – 2020 school year is my twenty-sixth year of teaching. I taught at St. Adalbert in Dillonvale, Ohio for five years, then to St. Joseph Central Grade School in Bridgeport, Ohio for twelve years. Prior to being at OLP, I taught grades three through eighth.
Being a part of the education of Catholic schools has been a wonderful experience for me. I just love being a part of Our Lady of Peace.
Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it.
Science – Glenco Science Blue Level
Social Studies – National Georgraphic World Cultures and Geography
Math – Saxon Math Course 2 HMH
Literature – Literature McDougal Littel
Spelling/ Vocabulary – Level B Vocabulary workshop Sadlier
Religion – Christ Our Life Loyola Press
English – Voyages in English Level 7 Loyola Press
Health – Teen Health Glenco
All incoming 7th Grade students are required to read two books over the summer. There will be question pages to complete and return to your teacher on the first day of school in August. There will also be a test on each book early in the school year. The two required books are:
The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton
Students are also required to complete the Summer Math Packet. Please do all work on loose notebook paper. Please return all papers to school in August. These papers will count as your first Test Grade in Math.
- Accordion style plastic file folder (must have)
- 2 dry erase markers: green, blue or black only
- 1 dry erase board erasers
- 1 pack of loose leaf paper
- White school glue
- Tacky glue
- Mechanical pencils with extra lead packs
- Large eraser
- 4 notebooks (single subject only)
- 1 notebook with pockets (Science)
- composition notebook (English)
- For Math
- 1 scientific calculator with fraction to decimal key (Texas Instrument TI 30X is recommended)
- composition notebook
- 1 5-subject notebook for homework
- Colored pencils
- 2 box tissues
- 3 rolls paper towels
- Pencil bag (not box)
- Headphones in ziplock bag with name (if not here at school already) – Please ask your student if their headphones need to be replaced; some have gotten damaged over the years.