About Stacy BenlineThis author has not yet filled in any details.
So far Stacy Benline has created 8 blog entries.
Hello and welcome to 6th grade! My name is Stacy Benline, and this will be my third year teaching at OLP. For the first two years I was the Reading Specialist and I spent the second semester of last year teaching the 6th grade. I am a graduate of West Liberty University with a degree in Elementary Education and a minor in Special Education and Early Childhood Development. I am thrilled that you will be in my class this year! We are going to learn so many new and exciting things together.
Reading – McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders
English – Loyola Press Voyages in English
Social Studies – Harcourt Social Studies – The United States: Civil War to Present
Science – Glencoe Science Level Red
Spelling – Vocabulary Workshop / Sadlier Oxford – Level A
Math – Saxon Math Course HMH
Religion – Christ-Our Life/Loyola
Family Life – RCL Benzinger
All incoming 6th Grade students are required to read two books over the summer. There will be a test and a project to complete when they return to school in August.
Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt
All of the questions must be completed and turned in on the first day of school. Students may write in the Tuck Everlasting packet. Please complete ONE of the Project Choices from the supplemental page for The One and Only Ivan. (Don’t forget to put your name on all of your work!) If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email.
Students are also required to complete the Summer Math Packet. Return all papers on Covenant Night in August. These papers will count as your first Test Grade in Math.
- accordion folder with 8 subject files inside (Please make sure this is sturdy, the thin plastic ones do not hold up well.)
- 3 spiral single subject notebooks labeled: English, Religion, Social Studies
- 1 spiral notebook with pockets for Science
- 1 composition notebook for English
- book covers: 8 large or jumbo size
- pencil bag, not a box
- #2 pencils
- pens: blue, black and red
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 box crayons
- 1 box markers
- 1 Elmer glue stick
- 1 box of colored pencils
- 1 roll of paper towels
- 2 boxes tissues
- 3 containers (Clorox-type) wipes (1 for the classroom, 1 for Science Lab)
- 2 packs of loose leaf paper ( 1 for Science 1 for Religion)
- For 6th and 7th Grade Math:
- 1 scientific calculator with fraction to decimal key (Texas Instrument TI 30X)
- composition notebook
- 1 5-subject notebook for homework
- spiral notebook for homework
- 4 dry erase markers
- 2 dry erase erasers
- metric ruler
- large eraser
- 1 set of headphones (NEW STUDENT ONLY)
These will move with your student from grade to grade – do not send in a new set if you sent in previous years. Headphones are to be kept in a plastic zip-lock bag with the student’s name on it.
Art Class Supplies
- One Fine Point Black Sharpie
- One Crayola Watercolor Set (8 Count)