Preschool Supply List
– Backpack (make sure it holds a full size folder)
– 3 rolls of paper towels
– 2 packs of paper Dixie cups (9oz. paper please)
– 1 Folder (letter size)
– 2 large glue sticks (purple)
– Change of clothes (put in a plastic Ziploc bag with your child’s name)
– Smock (long sleeve)
– 2 containers of disinfecting wipes (Lysol type, etc.)
– 1 box of Ziploc bags (sandwich or quart size)
– Headphones (prefer over the ear style) put in a Ziploc bag with your child’s name
– Nap Mat (1 inch only) *for all day students only*
– Beach towel *for all day students only*
Please put your child’s name on all articles!
Auch, Mary Jane – Peeping Beauty; Eggs Mark the Spot
Burton, Virginia – Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel; Katy and the Big Snow
Cole, Robert – The Story of Ruby Bridges (biography)
Dobie, Duncan – If you’ve Ever Seen a Rhinoceros Charge
Gilliland, Judith – Not in the House, Newton!
Hoberman, Mary Ann – The Seven Silly Eaters
Houston, Gloria – My Great-Aunt Arizona (biography)
Koller, Jackie French – No Such Thing
Meddaugh, Susan – Hog-Eye; Martha Speaks
Murphy, Jill – Five Minutes Peace; Quiet Night In; All in One Piece
Shannon, David – No, David; Alice the Fairy
Yolen, Jane – How Do Dinosaurs Say Good-Night; Owl Moon; Greyling
Others to check out: Eric Carle; Tomie DePaola; P.D. Eastman; Leo Lionni; Mercer Mayer; Laura Numeroff; Bill Peet; Nancy Tafuri; Van Allsburg, Bernard Waber; and Audry Wood.
These are some favorite authors with titles appropriate for pre-school children. Go ahead and print them off and take this list to the library with you the next time you go. Happy Reading!